Very few conditions warrant more attention and notoriety in today’s culture than concussions. Concussions plague more people of all ages than ever before. Real solutions can only be achieved through proper education and awareness. Evidence proves that Chiropractic provides unique health benefits and answers to people suffering from this horrible condition.
Recent concussion statistics include:
• 3.8 million concussions occurred in 2012, double the number reported in 2002.
• Nearly 500,000 children suffer from concussions.
• 33% of athletic-related concussions occur at practice.
• 1/5 of high school athletes experience a concussion during their sports season.
• 33% of high school students who have had a concussion report two or more in the same year.
• Between 4-5 million concussions occur annually in the U.S.
• 70% of athletes with concussions played despite their symptoms, and 40% reported that their coaches did not know of
• Female team sports account for 6 of the top 10 sports that produce concussion.
• The majority of concussions happen to people who did not black out or lose consciousness.
Most parents and adults do not fully understand the magnitude of the concussion topic. Concussion treatments designed to achieve the greatest results rely on early recognition of symptoms. One of the most significant problems exists in the circumstance that most concussions go undetected, undiagnosed, and unaddressed because the effects are not felt immediately.
Chiropractic plays a unique and important role in caring for people with concussions for two major reasons. Chiropractors undergo scientific training designed to detect a problem with the brain, nervous system, and spine before any symptoms arise. Chiropractic care also improves the function and integrity of the spine, brain, and nervous system, which happens to be the most important aspect of improving the lives of those suffering with concussions.
Schedule an Appointment - We are here to help you!
Overland Park, KS Clinic
6701 W. 121st Street | Suite 200
Overland Park, KS 66209
Olathe, KS Clinic
10454 S. Ridgeview Rd.
Olathe, KS 66061
Prairie Village, KS Clinic
4121 W. 83rd St. | Suite 147
Prairie Village, KS 66208