We Offer Top Rated Chiropractic & Acupuncture Treatments for Sciatic Nerve Pain
Do you have a sharp or dull lingering pain that runs down the back or side of your leg, does it hurt to your knee, back of the calfs, or the muscles of your butt? If so, you may be suffering from a condition known as Sciatica.
The good news is our team of Board-Certified Experts have the knowledge and expertise to diagnose and treat your pain naturally, while correcting the spinal misalignments and other ailments that are causing Sciatic nerve issues.
What is Sciatica and Why Is Sciatic Nerve Pain So Debilitating
Typically, when a patient is suffering from a Sciatica related injury, they are painfully aware of it, but might not be aware of why they are in pain. For someone suffering from Sciatica the symptoms can start as an aching or annoying feeling and then becomes extremely painful and debilitating causing a loss of mobility and affecting the overall quality of life.
The reason Sciatica pain symptoms are so intense is because of the unwanted pressure being applied to the sciatic nerve (a bundle of nerves that originated your lumbar and sacral spine. These nerves travel through your pelvis exiting under the gluteal and piriformis muscles before running down the back of legs.)
Symptoms of Sciatica may vary, including but not limited to, pain that runs from the low back down and into one or both of the legs. Sciatic pain symptoms can also affect the feet as well as cause pain in the buttocks, knees, and hips. It is common for Sciatica patients to report a feel of annoying, unrest, tingling, burning, numbness, and/or weakness in the common pain areas related to Sciatic Nerve Pain.
Recovering from sciatica on your own can be very frustrating, due to the fact that there are multiple causes of sciatic nerve pain and home remedies or the wrong exercise or stretches may worsen the condition instead of providing relief. Things like sitting, changing positions, bending, walking, or even sleeping can aggravate your condition and prolong recovery times. The key to knowing how to treat it is to have it properly diagnosed by Chiropractor that works with the nerves muscles and joints every minute of every day!
Listen to Your Body Know the Difference in Pain Symptoms
One thing that nerve injuries have in common are the pain symptoms, but every patient and condition is different, and some patients experience more severe pain symptoms than others. It’s important to listen to your body when you begin to feel the warning signs of a potential spinal subluxation or sciatica and see your Chiropractor when its mild rather than hope for the best and be wrong and it worsens.
Signs or Symptoms of Sciatica or Sciatic Nerve Pain
The most common sign of sciatica is persistent pain that typically affects one side of the body. Here are some common signs and symptoms of sciatica:
- Lower back pain: Sciatica usually originates in the lower back and can range from mild to severe. The pain may be dull, achy, or sharp in nature.
- Leg pain: The pain typically travels down the back of the thigh and can extend all the way to the foot. It is uncommon for the pain symptoms to worsen with movement while standing, walking, or other physical activities. This may hint it’s more of a joint or disc problem, which we can fix also.
- Buttock and hip pain: Sciatica pain can often be felt in the buttock and hip region and may be accompanied by a very noxious, annoying and sometimes burning or tingling sensation. Oftentimes Sciatic “butt” hip and leg pain will be aggravated further by sitting and even sleeping or laying down.
- Numbness or weakness: Some individuals with sciatica may experience numbness or weakness in their legs or feet. This is not a good sign and means we need to get you in to see one of our Doctors of Chiropractic very soon. This can make it difficult to move properly without pain leading to the slow loss of muscle mass.
- Radiating pain: Sciatica pain often radiates from the lower back, through the buttocks, and down the leg. It usually follows the path of the sciatic nerve. Patients can also experience knee and foot aching pain due to Sciatic Nerve.
- Worsening pain with certain activities: Activities that involve prolonged sitting, standing, or bending forward can exacerbate sciatic pain. Sneezing, coughing, or straining may also intensify the pain and can tell us that a vertebral disc may be the cause of what is causing interference on the sciatic nerve.
- Sensory changes: You may experience tingling, pins and needles sensations, or a loss of sensation in the leg or foot.
Figuring out the exact cause and most effective treatment is the key to correcting this injury. In the Largest majority of cases non-invasive, non-pharmacological options are the safest and get the best long term results. Diagnosing and treating the causes of Sciatica is what the expert doctors of chiropractic and acupuncture do at Advanced Sports & Family Chiropractic & Acupuncture do BEST!
Diagnose and Treat Sciatic Nerve Pain Naturally with the Team of Experts at ASFCA
The team of nationally board certified Doctors of Chiropractic and Acupuncturists at ASFCA are experts in treating the entire body without the need for invasive surgery or addictive pain medications. Our team of doctors will diagnose and treat your Sciatica pain naturally! Every patient is different and so is the treatment plan. Upon your initial visit to one of our top-rated clinics, we will take the time to discuss your injury, how the injury may have occurred, the severity of pain you are experiencing, and diagnose the cause of your problem.
We have on sight digital x-rays so, if needed, we can better diagnose what is causing the sciatica (since there can be multiple causes), and then put together a treatment plan that best suits your needs.
At ASFCA we have many multiple ways to help with sciatica
ASFCA offers many advanced and traditional services and treatments that will aid in the natural recovery and reduction of Sciatica pain symptoms. Treatments such as Chiropractic Adjustments, Acupuncture or therapies like Disc Decompression Therapy, intersegmental traction, interferential muscle stimulation, soft tissue therapy, Cold Laser Therapy treatments and therapeutic exercises may all correct the cause of your sciatica.
ASFCA Has Multiple Conveniently Located Chiropractic & Acupuncture Clinics Across both Kansas & Missouri.
Stop living with pain get back to living your best life. Let the team of experts at one of our conveniently located clinics correctly diagnose your problem, relieve your pain, correct the cause of the problem and optimize your health and wellness. We make it easy for you to get the care you need with our affordable treatment plans, being IN-Network with most all insurances and our $49-dollar new patient special; It’s relieving to know you won’t break the bank when you break you back.
Make your appointment today at one of our top-rated Kansas City chiropractic and acupuncture clinics: Overland Park, Kansas, Olathe, Kansas, Prairie Village, Kansas, Belton/Raymore, Missouri, Lee’s Summit, Missouri, Blue Springs, Missouri, Liberty, Missouri. Don’t wait to optimize your health and wellness ASFCA makes easy to schedule an appointment, simply call the clinic that is closest to you and your family or make your appointment online.
We Can’t Wait to Welcome You & Your Family to the best care around!
Schedule an Appointment - We are here to help you!
Overland Park, KS Clinic
6701 W. 121st Street | Suite 200
Overland Park, KS 66209
Olathe, KS Clinic
10454 S. Ridgeview Rd.
Olathe, KS 66061
Prairie Village, KS Clinic
4121 W. 83rd St. | Suite 147
Prairie Village, KS 66208
Lee's Summit, MO Clinic
338 Southwest Main St.
Lee's Summit, MO 64063
Belton/Raymore, MO Clinic
17027 Bel-Ray Blvd.
Belton, MO 64012
Blue Springs, MO Clinic
622 SW US 40 Hwy
Blue Springs, MO 64014
Liberty, MO Clinic
1520 N. Church Rd (Suite C)
Liberty, MO 64068