WE OFFER TOP RATED CHIROPRACTIC & ACUPUNCTURE TREATMENTS FOR LOWER BACK PAIN
Lower Back Pain is One of the Most Common Spinal Injuries that We Treat at ASFCA
Chances are at some point everyone has experienced some form of back pain. Whether it be a minor injury or something more severe, one thing remains the same, spinal subluxations or back injuries that are left untreated, can result in debilitating pain symptoms, and lifelong spinal conditions that can have serious impact on an individual’s overall health and wellness.
One of the most common forms of spinal subluxation that we see patients seeking chiropractic treatment for is a lower back injury.
In fact, studies have shown that up to 23% of the world’s adults suffer from chronic low back pain (Balagué F, 2012). The lower back, also known as the lumbar and sacral spine, are a complex area of the body that supports the upper body’s weight, enables movement, and protects the spinal cord and nerves. The lumbar spine consists of five vertebrae (L1 to L5), cushioned by intervertebral discs, and surrounded by muscles, ligaments, and tendons.
Listen to Your Body to Know the Difference in Pain Symptoms
One thing that nerve injuries have in common are the symptoms, but every patient and condition is different. Don’t wait and cause nerve damage by ignoring the symptoms of radiating pain, aching, numbness and tingling. Some patients experience more severe pain symptoms than others. The severity is not the best indicator of the degeneration happening but the time and number of incidents that it has occurred. It’s important to listen to your body when you begin to feel the warning signs of a potential spinal subluxation and lower back injury and to see your Chiropractor when it’s mild before it worsens.
The Most Common Signs or Symptoms of Lower Back Pain
- Muscle Strain: The most common cause of lower back pain is muscle strain or sprain. Overexertion, lifting heavy objects, sudden movements, or poor posture can strain the muscles and ligaments in the lower back.
- Seated and Sedentary Lifestyle: With the rise of desk jobs and a sedentary seated work lifestyle, many people spend prolonged periods sitting in front of computers or engaging in activities that lead to poor posture. This can lead to weakened back and core muscles and increased stress on the lower back vertebrae and discs.
- Obesity: Excess weight, especially in the abdominal area, can strain the lower back, lead to excessive back arching and contribute to pain and discomfort.
- Age: As people age, injuring and misalignments start to accumulate. When the joints are not in proper alignment the discs between the vertebrae in the spine start to degenerate and an accelerated rate, just like a tire that is out of alignment. This degeneration leads to conditions like osteoarthritis or herniated discs, which can cause lower back pain.
- Injuries: Accidents, falls, and sports injuries can damage the structures in the lower back, such as the discs, joints, or nerves, leading to pain.
- Structural Issues: Some people may have structural issues with their spine, such as scoliosis or other spinal abnormalities, that can lead to lower back pain.
- Stress & Anxiety: can manifest physically, including in the form of muscle tension and back pain.
- Poor Mattress and Sleep Posture: An unsupportive mattress or poor sleep posture can lead to or exacerbate lower back pain.
Diagnose and Treat Lower Back Pain Naturally with the Team of Experts at ASFCA
A lower back subluxation or injury is not only physically painful, but it can also be financially and mentally draining. This can cause those afflicted to miss time from work, start taking opiod or nsaid pain killers all while racking up medical bills and not addressing the cause of the problem. The added stress can intensify pain symptoms and prolong the healing process.
Unfortunately, many American turn to quick fix treatments for lower back pain including the use of addictive pain medications, spinal injections, and in some cases invasive back surgeries that can result in lifelong complications and hold a risk for worsening the condition. One a surgery has been performed the change can never completely be reversed.
There is a better option for treating lower back pain and that is with the natural healing power of Chiropractic Care & Acupuncture. At ASFCA we believe in treating spinal misalignments naturally without the need for addictive medications or painful surgeries, and our team our Board-Certified Doctors have the knowledge and experience to keep you feeling your best.
Stop Living with Lower Back Pain, ASFCA Treatments are Tailored to your Health & Wellness Needs.
At ASFCA we understand that not every back injury is the same, so when a patient seeks treatment for a subluxation at one of our conveniently located clinic locations, we carefully diagnose each spinal issue to determine the severity of the lower back injury.
Our thorough approach to spinal health and wellness is top rated and our treatments are designed to correct subluxations that cause lower back pain, while maintaining and preventing future spinal misalignments.
At ASFCA We Treat Lower Back Pain from the Following Conditions and Injuries:
ASFCA Has Multiple Conveniently Located Chiropractic & Acupuncture Clinics Across both Kansas & Missouri.
Stop living with pain get back to living your best life. Let the team of experts at one of our conveniently located clinics correctly diagnose your problem, relieve your pain, correct the cause of the problem and optimize your health and wellness. We make it easy for you to get the care you need with our affordable treatment plans, being IN-Network with most all insurances and our $49-dollar new patient special; It’s relieving to know you won’t break the bank when you break you back.
Make your appointment today at one of our top-rated Kansas City chiropractic and acupuncture clinics: Overland Park, Kansas, Olathe, Kansas, Prairie Village, Kansas, Belton/Raymore, Missouri, Lee’s Summit, Missouri, Blue Springs, Missouri, Liberty, Missouri. Don’t wait to optimize your health and wellness ASFCA makes easy to schedule an appointment, simply call the clinic that is closest to you and your family or make your appointment online.
We Can’t Wait to Welcome You & Your Family to the best care around!
Schedule an Appointment - We are here to help you!
Overland Park, KS Clinic
6701 W. 121st Street | Suite 200
Overland Park, KS 66209
Olathe, KS Clinic
10454 S. Ridgeview Rd.
Olathe, KS 66061
Prairie Village, KS Clinic
4121 W. 83rd St. | Suite 147
Prairie Village, KS 66208
Lee's Summit, MO Clinic
338 Southwest Main St.
Lee's Summit, MO 64063
Belton/Raymore, MO Clinic
17027 Bel-Ray Blvd.
Belton, MO 64012
Blue Springs, MO Clinic
622 SW US 40 Hwy
Blue Springs, MO 64014
Liberty, MO Clinic
1520 N. Church Rd (Suite C)
Liberty, MO 64068